Sunday, March 13, 2011
Education is the way out of poverty.
Allow me to Introduce myself. My Name is Melissa Martin .I am a early childhood Teacher with Head Start in Illinois. I have been at my current position for ten years. I am also a student of Kendall College in Chicago In the Early Childhood Education Program for special education.This is where the blog came about. I am taking a technology class to further enhance my skills in regards to technology. I am a mother of three and teacher of thirty four each day. I have many beliefs but the one I feel very passionately about is that the one sure way out of a life of poverty is education. I come from humble beginnings in Illinois. My parents struggled pay check to paycheck during my childhood. They always stressed the value of our education. Out of the four siblings two of us sought out secondary education and two did not. My brother and I are not living paycheck to paycheck like our parents and siblings . Also the grandchildren some have plans for college while others do not. I teach my children by example they are young and they talk about college quite often. It is not really if they are going to college we talk about which one they will attend and what will they study. I know everyone wants better for their children it's natural but Put your money where your mouth is and led by example. EDUCATION IS THE WAY OUT OF POVERTY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment